Monday, July 27, 2009

I am almost too embarassed to post what I am about to post. But, the most embarassing moments make for the best memories. So here it goes. Don't think that we are overboard parents. So, on Thursday night the kids were all ready for bed and decided they wanted some toast. Justin got them some food and I was down stairs, doing something productive I am sure (on the computer). I hear Justin, quite upset at Caden, asking him "what did you put in your mouth?" Then I hear Caden gagging, choking, coughing.... I go upstairs and Caden is in the bathroom trying to throw-up into the sink. He won't tell Justin why he is choking. I ask Caden, what he put in his mouth. He tells me "money". WHAT? Is that dangerous? I have no idea. I call the ER and ask the nurse if swallowing money is bad. She says, "it can be." Well, what should I do? The nurse suggests bringing Caden into the ER. At 9 p.m. we all go to the hospital. Once at the hospital Caden starts being his crazy, naughty self and is running all over the waiting room. I ask Caden, "are you sure you swallowed money?" Caden says "yes, my tongue hurts." Okay then. We go through all the hospital stuff: blood pressure, weight, heart beat, x-rays etc....After the xrays the doctor comes in and says "he didn't swallow money. There isn't anything in there." YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!! The doctor concluded that Caden must have been choking on some of the crust from the toast he was eating. At this point, I am so mad that Caden told me he swallowed money and I am so embarassed that we are at the ER for choking on BREAD, that I just wanted to run out of there. I know that later, probably years down the road, I will think that this was funny. I am NOT looking forward to getting the ER bill. It will be nice when I finally get into my nursing classes so I can learn about medical things and know if they are serious or not and how to treat them. Swallowing money, I think, is probably not serious. The hospital just tells you it's serious; it is an easy $200 plus bucks for them. I have to add this. Before we went to the hospital Caden got some sand in his eye and had been rubbing it so it was quite red. As the ER doctor was checking Caden over he asked him what was wrong with his eye. Caden said, "I got rocks in it." hmmmm. It went from sand to rocks. ?? Sounds like a "fish story" to me.

6 comments:

Melissa P said...

What a stinker. Kids are such rascals sometimes. I would have been mad too. I guess at least he was okay.

Rachael said...

Sorry... but I am laughing really hard, and I will tease you later.... (smile)

Kamey Jean Hope said...

Wow Staci! Don't be to embarrassed I feel for you... Kids say the darnedest things sometimes. Sometimes they don't make our live any easier with what they say but later we definitely can laugh at it. When they get older we can tell them all the things they have done. Make sure you wright them down.

wendy said...

I hope you don't mind, but I say your comment on Rachael's blog and had to check yours out. I didn't know you had one and I hope you don't mind me snooping. I hope M did a good job weeding for you the other day. Your kids are so cute.

Christina P. said...

What a stinker! I am too relaxed. I would have shrugged and said, I'm sure he will poop it out. Then I would have stressed for the next 3 days. So its probably better to know for sure that he didn't swallow money!

Kalley said...

I'm sure I would have done the same thing you did. That is how I felt when I took Landon in for a popcorn kernel in his nose. I was only about 75% sure it was in there. As I was headed to the doctor's office, I kept thinking what it's nothing. In a way it was relieving to find out that something really was stuck up his nose. You never know and it's better to be safe than sorry.