Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Unless the sun is shining I can't find any motivation to want to do anything. Well, today, FINALLY...the sun is shining. Hopefully all the snow will be gone some time today. I am so ready for warmer weather and to get outside and enjoy being active. Until then, I will take adantage of the motivation the sun brings to me and update my blog and then MAYBE I will clean the bathrooms...
In January I braved the bitter cold and went outside with the kids. They made snow angels and had fun throwing snowballs at me.
Also in January we celebraed Lexie Lulu's third birthday. She wanted a mermaid birthday cake. I don't do cake decorating--but Macey's does. It was yummy!! She had fun opening presents, what kid doesn't?
Caden got presents too.
I know, my kids are so spoiled.
It is just so much fun watching them have fun.
Lexie's favorite present was her tiger. She LOVES tigers. She even says that her name is tiger. She has a whole family of stuffed and plastic animal tigers. They go with us everywhere and she sleeps with all of them.
In February, we had a combined b-day/baptism party so my parents would only have to make one trip up to the big city. The girlies are all cousins and have close birthdays and one was baptized. That all equals one big party.
In February little Lulu had to have her tonsils and adenoids out. They were ginormous and were causing problems with her breathing at night. I was so nervous for my baby to have surgery. She just seemed so little. She did awesome though.
We were at the hospital bright and early in the morning. 6:45 a.m. to be exact. I am not a morning person, I need my beauty sleep. Justin's Aunt Carey was there (she is the head nurse at Payson hospital) and it was so comforting having a family member who could be right next to Lexie and taking extra good care of her.
She was so brave. She let the nurses do what was necessary to get her ready and she didn't even cry. When she woke up in recovery the first thing she asked for was mom. We were able to go and be with her and that is when I felt so bad and started wishing I could reverse time and not have her tonsils out. She was crying, coughing, and clasping her mouth. I picked her up and just sat with her on the bed. The nurses gave her 1/2 a dose of morphine for the pain and she was able to sleep. Later I switched holding Lexie with Justin. Once we were able to get her to drink some juice we were able to go home.
Doctor's orders: only soft foods and liquids for the next week.
Caden was eating a granola bar and Lexie was determined to have one too. (Day of surgery) I thought that the way she was screaming couldn't be good for her throat so I gave her a granola bar. She ate the whole thing!
For the next few days trying to get her to eat and take her medicine was a pain in the rear. I had to bribe her to take her medicine. I am glad all that is over.
p.s.
Lexie is sleeping much better. No more sleep apnea.

3 comments:

Melissa P said...

That sounds like and eventful month. I am hoping the tonsil thing will be better for us. Thanks for all of the advice. We get to go next week. She looks so cute in the little hospital gown.

Jenny and Jared said...

That is the saddest thing I have read in a long time. I know what that feels like. Lily had to get put under for 4 cavities and 2 crowns. I promise we brush her teeth daily, She has jenny's pretty but soft teeth.

Jenny and Jared said...

I also wanted to say that Lily has always had a thing for Tigers, ever since her grandpa pointed out TigerLily flowers. She even got a lifelike creepy tiger that meows, growls, purrs, closes it eyes and mouth..and a hide and seek tiger with a magic wand with lights on it, like hot and cold and you walk around using the stick to find the tiger. We have to get these 2 girls together.