Monday, June 15, 2009

The Sweetest Thing

On Friday we went for a drive to get out of the house, since the rain won't stop. The kids started screaming to irritate mom and dad. At this point of our drive we were by a small lake. I asked Caden if he wanted me to throw him in the lake. Of course I was just kidding, it was just a threat to get them to stop screaming. Caden didn't want to be thrown in the lake. I asked him if I should throw Lexie in. He, almost in tears, said "NO! My friend!" My heart melted to hear him call Lexie his friend. I kept asking him if I should throw Lexie in just so I could hear him call her his friend. So mean, I know. We did get out and let them throw rocks in so they wouldn't be scared that they were going to be thrown in.

4 comments:

Melissa P said...

That is so cute! They can be such stinkers to each other,but when it comes down to it they would defend each other to the end.

Kamey Jean Hope said...

So funny! It great to here every one's tactics on getting their kids to stop. Also to make you feel a little better about the things you say to get your kids to mind and that your not alone. Thanks Staci that was great. LOL!

Rachael said...

Ha!

Christina P. said...

That is so funny! Its so cute when they suddenly act so protective of their siblings. Then the next minute they are punching them!