Tuesday, April 21, 2009
False Alarm
Monday was just a typical start to the week-- other than Caden didn't go to school due to being sick--in other words pretty boring. I was sitting on the couch talking to my sis. when there was a knock at the door. I glanced out the window and saw a police car parked out front. Why would the police be at my house, I thought to myself. I answered the door,still in my jammies of course. The police officer then asked me "Is everything OK?" I warily said "Yes." He then said "We received a panic alarm from this address." I then realized that a few minutes earlier as I was changing Lexie's diaper, Caden was playing with the alarm key pad on the wall. I didn't think anything of it, what are the odds that he would get the exact code correct just by playing around? I was so embarassed, all I could do was apologize to the police officer after I explained what had happened. He said "that's OK." and took down my name, phone # and date of birth. I then had to call the alarm company and tell them that it was a false alarm. I called my sis. back after the ordeal and she said don't worry, her child called 911 once and the police showed up at her house too. I hope that others have experienced the same thing, maybe I won't feel as embarassed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I hit the panic on my key chain alarm. I had ran visiting teaching. My son didn't answer for the alarm company but he did for dispatch. Since he was home alone, they had to send the cops. When they got here, he was home alone. He said he was fine. He gave the cops my cell phone # and told them I was down the road. They just left thank goodness.
It happens to everyone.
Well I don't know if this counts but it is very embarrassing for me. When we lived in West Jordan and Fletcher worked for the Cash Store his cell number started with 91 and I cant tell you how many times I dialed 911. My finger got button happy or something but when you dial 911 it doesn't mater what the numbers are after it automatically dials it. After a few times I would hang up and start over because I got tired of giving my info. Well that doesn't matter ether because they call you right back when ever they get through. Well guess what it happened so many times, they actually told me that they keep track of all of them and asked me to be more careful because one of these times it might be real and it might not be taken as serious as it should. I felt so embarrassed I tried really hard not to any more. It had to have been over dozen or two times taken I lived there for almost three years.
That's really funny. I haven't really had any experiences like that, but I have had to call 911 twice now to have the police come and unclock my van doors after I buckled my kids in their carseats and closed the doors not realizing the doors were locked and my keys were still inside.
Post a Comment