Friday, December 19, 2008

Kamey, you talked me into it. I will try and blog on a regular basis. Since the last time I even tried anything with this blog was in April, I will give everyone a quick overview of the past year. Lexie's poor hands
In April Lexie burned her hands really bad on our 4-wheeler. We ended up having to take her to the burn unit at the U of U hospital in Salt Lake. It was so sad to see her in so much pain, and I hated that there wasn't anything I could do to make it stop. Luckily everything turned out OK with her hands. There is just a little bit of scarring, but that will fade as time goes by. In June I broke my leg! Have you ever tried to take care of 2 little kids while on crutches? Well, it doesn't work. My mom came up to my house and stayed with me for about a week. And my sisters and Justin's sisters live close by so they would bring dinner and clean my house. It was nice to have the help, but I hated just lying on the couch doing nothing. Although, as I was lying on the couch with ice on my leg I was able to read all 4 of the Twilight books for the 2nd time.
My broken leg.
Caden started preschool in July. It is through our school district so he rides the bus to the school. At first it was hard to see my little boy leave, but then I got used to the break and being able to spend some one-on-one time with Lexie.
Caden & Justin looking at a map to plan a trip.
Justin got another promotion, earlier in the year, to be a Superintendant for Staker & Parsons. That is a nice job for him, it has a lot of perks. The down side is the stress he has for being in charge of so much.

6 comments:

Kamey Jean Hope said...

Staci I'm so..... excited.... You will love being able to catch up with other, and being able to share your life with all your friends & family out there who all love you guys.
When I saw that picture of her hand Tears came to my eyes. I new that it happened but you can see the pain she went through just with the picture.
Love Kamey

Christina P. said...

Yeah!! I am so happy that you have a blog!! I can't believe your poor babies hands!! That must have been a hard thing to go through!! How does Caden like riding the bus? My Cade rides the the bus to preschool too! I love not having to load the kids into the car to take him too and from school! I expect you to follow through and update your blog!! I will be checking:)

Christina P. said...

By the way, what cute little blondies you have!! I want to see more pictures!!

Jenny and Jared said...

This is Jared. I am glad to see you guys and hear from you again. i couldnt imagine the heartache you felt w/ her burning her hands. we have a blog as well. www.jaredjennylily.blogspot.com
I miss you guys. We hope to be back in Utah in a year.

Kalley said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you decided to join the blog world. You will love it. It's so easy to keep in touch with people this way.

Melissa P said...

Your poor little girl. I see your sisters once in awhile in Payson. I am glad you are blogging. If you get a chance you will have to keep in touch. Our blog is pageswords.blogspot.com. If you don't care, I will add you to my blog.
Melissa Page